Support Services Agreement
TELIT Iot platforms Support Provisions
Date: June 1, 2016
Telit IoT Platforms Support Provisions
Telit offers the following support programs.
Operational, Product and Application Support
Support for deviceWISE can be categorized into three
types of issues: operations issues, product issues and
Operations issues involve problems that affect the user's ability to access deviceWISE from their PC or other devices. Operations issues generally cover "availability issues" with the license. For example, if a single device is unable to connect, it is a "product" issue. If all devices are unable to connect, it is an "operations" problem.
Product issues involve problems that are encountered when using the deviceWISE Workbench, Enterprise Gateway, or something that relates to the functionality of the product (i.e. something crashes or doesn't work as expected).
Application issues involve triggers, dashboards, and enterprise gateway applications, for example. Applications are developed under an agreement with TELIT to provide professional development services. They may also employ the development services of a third party. Applications are specific to an industry, customer, and/or use case.
The above three issue types are handled by different teams, each with different commitments, to provide the best possible service. Refer to the following list for examples of these issue types and the support they may require.
- OPERATIONS ISSUES
- I can't reach the Management Portal website.
- None of my 2,000 devices are connected.
- My devices are connected, but the service is really slow.
- PRODUCT ISSUES
- How do I use feature XXX?
- I have 2,000 devices connected, but one device won't connect, why?
- I am having trouble using the Workbench, can you assist?
- APPLICATION ISSUES
- It varies according to each application.
The following agreements are applicable:
- Service Level Agreement
- End-User License and System Use Agreement
- 24x7x365 call center (phone support) for Network operations issues on our managed service which comes with standard SLA's.
For detailed information on these license agreements, see Legal Notices
Figure 1 shows the support flow.
Telit standard support plan provides the following:
- Gateway License Development Support is 9:00am – 5:00pm US eastern time
- 7x24x365 access to online case entry application.
- 7x24x365 access to online technical knowledge database.
- 7x24x365 phone access to report issues: 1-866-425-6172 (U.S. only) / +1-847-478-4578
- 7x24x365 email access (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org), and responses during normal business hours (from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm US EST).
- Severity 1 - eight (8) hour response window for severity 1 issues.
- Severity 2 - next business day response window for severity 2 issues.
- Severity 3 - five (5) business day response window for severity 3 issues.
Product Support Level Definitions and Reseller / Telit Support Responsibility
Level 1 Support
Level 1 Support Definition
The first job of Level 1 is to gather the customer's information such as description of issue at hand and necessary contact information. This information needs to be accurate and recorded into the issue tracking or issue logging system. This information will be used by L2 and L3 for issue investigation.
Level 1 Support Responsibility
Support Level 1 is the responsibility of the reseller. Telit is responsible for providing Level 1 Support for direct customers. This level includes the provision of diagnostic services relating to any support incident including:
- capturing the symptoms of the problem from end customer
- gathering the details of the problem and/or details of failing hardware
- identification of software environment
Level 2 Support
Level 2 Support Definition
Level 2 is the first in-depth technical support level. It is performed by generalists who have broad technical, enterprise and overall networking knowledge. L2 investigates elevated issues by attempting to recreate the problem if possible, confirming the validity of the problem and seeking solutions to these more complex issues. If a problem is new and/or personnel from this group cannot determine a solution, they are responsible for raising this issue to Level 3 technical support.
Level 2 Support Responsibility
Support Level 2 is the responsibility of the reseller. Telit is responsible for providing Level 2 Support for direct customers. Level 2 Support includes:
- communications between the supported customer and the Telit support team
- performing problem determination or problem source identification
- determining if there is a user error or application problem
- requesting diagnostic files as needed from reseller or direct customer
- analyzing of diagnostic files associated with the issue, if necessary
- creation of a reproducible test case for failure analysis or obtaining a test case from end customer
- creation of support incident report which includes steps that exhibit the failure or incident
Level 3 Support
Level 3 Support Definition
This level of support contends with problems requiring code or detailed log analysis. Level 3 support can analyze the code and data using information from Level 1 and Level 2. Once the solution is verified, it is delivered to Level 2 for delivery to the customer and future troubleshooting / analysis.
Level 3 Support Responsibility
Support Level 3 is the responsibility of Telit. This level includes:
- assisting reseller with second level support with in-depth problem determination
- error debugging
- building and testing the fixes against the reported software version and/or a new version at the reseller's request
- deliver of the fixed distribution based on the reported version and/or a newer version at the reseller's request
Description of Case Severity
The following is the Case Severity Description:
Severity 1 – Critical Business Impact
The Software, in a supported configuration, has complete loss of service for which no workaround exists and the End-User's hindered use of the Software results in critical impact on their operation.
Severity 2 – Serious Business Impact
The Software is causing degraded loss of End-User's use. This can be defined as a major product flaw with a workaround, or a minor product flaw without a workaround. The End-User's workflow is seriously impacted but product use has not stopped.
Severity 3 – Minor Business Impact
The Software has minor loss of End-User's use. This can be defined as a minor product flaw with a workaround or a minor problem with a non-integral part of the Software's workflow that does not impact general use of the product.
Product Support Duration, Renewal and Pricing
The support agreement is annual, and it renews automatically unless discontinued in writing by the customer. The support period starts from the date of the license key generation.
Post-delivery Application Support / Professional Services
The customer is responsible for performing the
Acceptance Criteria validations within two (2) weeks, after
the Application has been delivered. Application software
delivered by Telit professional services is provided "AS
IS" with no warranty. After validation of the Application,
the customer is responsible for Application Support.
Application Support is available upon request during normal business hours (from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm US EST), at the Professional Services rate of $200.00 per hour, or based on a fixed fee to be determined.
- Module & API Support is standard business hours in region.
Telit recommends the issuance of a Purchase Order specifically for Application Support. Application Support can be executed via Time & Material agreements, and is invoiced on weekly basis, according to the expended hours each week.
Date: June 1, 2016