The BACnet driver provides communications support for devices that support the Building Automation Control network (BACnet) communications protocol. This driver supports the BACnet protocol across an IP subnetwork(s) that has been assigned a single BACnet network number. All communication to the BACnet network is done using the User Datagram Protocol (UDP).
It is assumed that you have experience with the following:
- BACnet architecture
- BACnet devices
- BACnet naming conventions
- BACnet device specific configuration software
- The Workbench
Before using information in this guide: should have occurred:
- An Asset Gateway or Enterprise Gateway product is installed in its operating environment
- The Workbench is installed on a computer that has TCP network connectivity to the node
- The BACnet driver was installed using the Workbench > Administration > Packages tab
- The BACnet devices have been configured and are accessible to the node either via a TCP connection.