Topic updated on September 17, 2021
The Beckhoff driver provides communication support for the Beckhoff TwinCAT 2 and TwinCAT 3 PLCs.
This guide describes how to use the Beckhoff driver in conjunction with the runtime and the Workbench.
It is assumed that you have experience with the following:
- TwinCAT 2 and TwinCAT 3 architecture
- TwinCAT 2 and TwinCAT 3 PLCs
- Beckhoff naming conventions
- Beckhoff TwinCAT programming software
- TwinCAT 3 Engineering Software
- TwinCAT PLC Control
- The Workbench.
Before using information in this guide: should have occurred:
- An Asset Gateway or Enterprise Gateway product is installed in its operating environment
- The Workbench is installed on a computer that has TCP network connectivity to the node
- The Beckhoff PLCs have been configured and are accessible to the node via a TCP connection.