The Siemens ERPC device driver is discontinued. If you need assistance, please contact Technical Support.
The deviceWISE Siemens ERPC driver provides communication support between deviceWISE and Siemens S7-300 PLC (ERPC) devices. This guide describes how to use the Siemens ERPC driver in conjunction with the runtime and the Workbench.
A separate driver, the Siemens S7 Driver, is available to support additional Siemens PLC models.
It is assumed that you have experience with the following:
- Siemens PLC architecture
- Siemens PLCs
- Siemens naming conventions
- Siemens software application STEP 7 Programming Tools
- The Workbench.
Before using information in this guide: should have occurred:
- deviceWISE was installed in a Siemens CP 343-1 ERPC
- The deviceWISE Workbench was installed on a computer that has TCP network connectivity to the deviceWISE node
- The Siemens PLCs have been setup and have network connectivity.