Topic updated on September 17, 2021
The J1939 Driver provides a full implementation of the SAE J1939 protocol based on the IXXAT J1939 protocol software, including:
- Transport protocol for transmission of J1939 messages with up to 1785 data bytes
- Network management for address claiming
It is assumed that you have experience with the following:
- J1939 Protocol
- The deviceWISE Workbench
Before using information in this guide the following should have occurred:
- deviceWISE Asset Gateway or Enterprise Gateway product was installed on a networked computer.
- The Workbench was installed on the same network as the computer running deviceWISE.
- A J1939 IXXAT adapter is connected to the computer running deviceWISE.
- 32-bit Windows (x86)
- 64-bit Windows (x64)
- Linux x64
- Relevant manuals are available at IXXAT Support.
- Download drivers (VCI V4 - WIndows 10, 8, 7) from IXXAT Technical Support.