Topic updated on September 17, 2021
The Modbus driver provides communication support to devices that support the MODBUS® Application Protocol Specification, V1.1b. This guide describes how to use the Modbus device driver (referred to as the Modbus driver) in conjunction with the runtime and the Workbench.
Modbus driver version 2.4 upgrade
There has been a change to the offset reference for Modbus variables beginning with version 2.4 of the Modbus driver. This might affect users of this driver who are upgrading from a prior driver version level to the version 2.4 level. Please read Upgrading to the Modbus version 2.4 driver and beyond if you are upgrading to the driver version 2.4.
It is assumed that you have experience with the following:
- Modbus TCP protocol
- Modbus RTU protocol
- Modbus device specific configuration software
- The Workbench
Before using information in this guide:
- An Asset Gateway or Enterprise Gateway product is installed in its operating environment
- The Workbench is installed on a computer that has TCP network connectivity to the node
- The Modbus Driver was installed using the Workbench > Administration > Packages tab
- The Modbus devices have been configured and are accessible to the node either via a TCP or serial connection.