Topic updated on September 17, 2021
The Omron driver provides communication support to Omron PLCs.
This guide describes how to use the Omron device driver (referred to as the Omron driver) in conjunction with the runtime and the Workbench.
It is assumed that you have experience with the following:
- Omron PLCs
- Omron device specific configuration software
- The Workbench
Before using information in this guide: should have occurred:
- An Asset Gateway or Enterprise Gateway product is installed in its operating environment
- The Workbench is installed on a computer that has TCP network connectivity to the node
- The Omron Driver was installed using the Workbench > Administration > Packages tab
- The Omron devices have been configured and are accessible to the node either via a TCP connection.