Topic updated on September 17, 2021
The Enterprise Gateway for Rockwell ControlLogix product provides a backplane driver that supports communication to Rockwell ControlLogix PLCs in the same hardware rack.
This guide describes how to use the Rockwell ControlLogix driver in conjunction with the runtime and the Workbench.
It is assumed that you have experience with the following:
- Rockwell PLC architecture
- Rockwell PLCs
- Rockwell naming conventions
- Rockwell software applications RSLinx and RSLogix 5/500/5000
- The Workbench.
Before using information in this guide: should have occurred:
- The Enterprise Gateway for Rockwell ControlLogix product was installed in its operating environment
- The Workbench is installed on a computer that has TCP network connectivity to the node
- The Rockwell ControlLogix PLCs in the same rack have been configured.