Topic updated on September 17, 2021
The Rockwell driver provides communication support to Rockwell PLCs. This guide describes how to use the Rockwell driver in conjunction with the runtime and the Workbench.
It is assumed that you have experience with the following:
- Rockwell PLC architecture
- Rockwell PLCs
- Rockwell naming conventions
- Rockwell software applications RSLinx and RSLogix 5/500/5000
- The Workbench.
Before using information in this guide: should have occurred:
- An Asset Gateway or Enterprise Gateway product is installed in its operating environment
- The Workbench is installed on a computer that has TCP network connectivity to the node
- The Rockwell PLCs have been configured and are accessible to the node either via a TCP connection or a serial connection.