The Siemens S7 driver provides communication support to Siemens PLCs. This guide describes how to use the Siemens S7 driver in conjunction with the runtime and the Workbench.
A separate driver, the Siemens ERPC driver, is available to support the additional Siemens S7-300(ERPC) PLC models.
It is assumed that you have experience with the following:
- Siemens PLC architecture
- Siemens PLCs
- Siemens naming conventions
- Siemens software application STEP 7 Programming Tools
- The Workbench.
Before using information in this guide: should have occurred:
- An Asset Gateway or Enterprise Gateway product is installed in its operating environment
- The Workbench is installed on a computer that has TCP network connectivity to the node
- The Siemens PLCs have been configured and are accessible to the node via a TCP connection.