Topic updated on September 17, 2021
The Siemens S7 driver provides communication support to Siemens PLCs. This guide describes how to use the Siemens S7 driver in conjunction with the runtime and the Workbench. A separate driver, the Siemens ERPC driver, is available to support the additional Siemens S7-300(ERPC) PLC models.
Following are the prerequisites before you install the Siemens S7 package:
- Understanding of the Siemens PLC architecture.
- Siemens PLCs.
- Siemens naming conventions.
- Siemens software application STEP 7 Programming Tools.
- The Workbench.
- An Asset Gateway or Enterprise Gateway product is installed in its operating environment.
- The Workbench is installed on a computer that has TCP network connectivity to the node.
- The Siemens PLCs have been configured and are accessible to the node via a TCP connection.