This page describes how to download and install the deviceWISE Asset Gateway on the Teltonika TRB140 and the RUTX09 Gateway.
The following is assumed:
- You have the Teltonika TRB140 or RUTX09 Gateway powered on and configured as per the manufacturer’s instructions: TRB 140 manual or RUTX09 manual.
- You have root-level access to the TRB140 or RUTX09 via SSH, and you are familiar with using a UNIX or Linux-based shell environment.
- You have a Management Portal user ID and password and know how to log on. You need this to download the Asset Gateway installation files from the Management Portal. If you need a Management Portal account, see Creating the IoT Portal account. If you received the installation files from your Telit representative, skip the download steps and proceed with Running the install program.
The Linux-ARM32-Teltonika Product is tested on the following devices and firmware versions:
The firmware must be running GLIBC, as muslc-based firmwares are not supported. For more information, contact your vendor.
Follow these steps to download the Asset Gateway for Teltonika:
- Log on to the Management Portal.
- Navigate to Developer >> Resources.
- Click on the appropriate build folder(if you are not sure, pick the latest available build. For example: 22.02).
- Navigate to Teltonika >> Linux-ARM32-Teltonika >> Asset_Gateway.
- Click DWGateway_Install.Linux-ARM32-Teltonika.XXX.ipk
(where XXX is the version of the Asset Gateway software
you want to download)
and download the file to a temporary location on your computer.
- After the installation file has been downloaded, using a root-level authorized user account, transfer the
installation file from the computer to the gateway using any secure file transfer tool available, such as WinSCP.Within the file transfer tools connection configuration, you will need to specify the SCP protocol as opposed to the SFTP protocol.
- Using an SSH client, log in to the TRB140 or RUTX09 as the same root-level authorized user as above.
- Execute the installer:
# opkg install DWGateway_Install.Linux-ARM32-Teltonika.XXX.ipk
- After the installation completes, you will be able to connect to the node using the deviceWISE Workbench.
Use the following command to Start, Stop, Restart, enable, or disable the deviceWISE Asset Gateway Software:
# /etc/init.d/devicewise [start|stop|restart|enable|disable]
Do a node Back Up before uninstalling the product to capture the current application definition and system configuration information.
# /opt/dw/devicewise-setup remove
# rm -rf /opt/dw
Removes the deviceWISE service from the systemd manager:
In order to access the deviceWISE Asset Gateway services using the deviceWISE Workbench, you may be required to implement the following change to your system's firewall policy, including intermediate network devices which may reside in the network path of the server and the system from which you will be accessing the server using the deviceWISE Workbench.
Allow traffic to flow bidirectionally through the associated interfaces and network path between your server and the system from which you will be accessing the deviceWISE Asset Gateway services:
|TCP:4012||Primary communication between the Workbench and the node.|
|UDP:4009||Workbench to node Scan and status information.|
Linux firewall configuration varies among distributions and versions of Linux, so please refer to your system's documentation and confer with your organization's network administration team when applying these policy changes.
If you are following the steps in the Getting Started with Gateways guide, you can continue with the tasks described in Installing the Workbench to perform the initial Asset Gateway LAN settings configuration and to connect the Asset Gateway to the IoT Portal.
If you are not following the steps in the Getting Started with Gateways guide and need to install the Workbench, you can continue with the tasks described in Installing the Workbench software.
If the Workbench is already installed, see The Workbench in the Gateway Developer's Guide and Reference for information on using the Workbench and the deviceWISE features that it can access.