To upload a file, do the following:
- On Developer screen in the GENERAL group, click Files
The Files screen appears.
- To upload a file, Click New file
Add file screen appears.
- Click Attach File
Opens a File Explorer window to choose a file from your computer and click Open
The file is now attached.
To select a different file, click Change.
- (Optional) If you want your file to be publicly available, check Public.If Public option is selected, then you will be able to share this file and is accessed without being authenticated. For more information on downloading a file, see Understanding files.
- (Optional) If you want to bypass retention, check Bypass retention. For more information on Retention, see Retention.
- Select the Tags and Security Tags, if required. For more information on Tags and Security Tags, see Using Tags and Using Security Tags.
- Click Upload.
When you upload a large file to the IoT Portal, the file gets divided into smaller chuncks by the IoT Portal. If you try to download or delete a file that is being uploaded in chunk, you will get a File <filename> not found error.