The Management Portal is a web-based application to view and manage all of your Things
- The user of the Management Portal to perform IoT solution monitoring and management tasks.
- The organization's administrator to perform IoT Solution monitoring, management, and administration tasks.
When you log on to the Management Portal, you have access to the information and features of the IoT Portal.
The home dashboard shows recently viewed Things
Look and feel
Your organization's customization or "look and feel" changes the display of the Management Portal. Your account's permissions, based on the account's role and the permissions of the role, dictates which features you are allowed to access. The descriptions of the Management Portal in these sections are based on a demonstration organization look and feel and the Administrator role.
|1||A set of links to the most commonly used Management Portal's dashboards. It includes Dashboards,
|2||The current organization you are logged in to. Click on the current organization to choose a different organization, if you are in multiple organizations.|
|3||The cog menu enables you to logout of Management Portal, Updating user profile, Changing your Password in Management Portal, Switching Organization, Pinning a Favorite Organization, Unpinning a Favorite Organization, and set timezone.|
|4||Search in the Management Portal allows you to do a full-text search. Enter the text and press enter to find all the Things
|5||The Connected things pie chart displays a glimpse of the number of things that are currently connected.|
|6||Connected health pie chart displays a glimpse of the current status of your connections.|
|7||API usage bar graph shows the API usage for the last 30 days. Hover over each bar to get a breakdown of your API usage for that particular day.|
|8||Recently viewed dashboards display the recently viewed dashboard. Click on the corresponding display icon of a dashboard you want to navigate to.|
|9||Recently viewed things display the recently viewed things. Click on the corresponding view icon of a thing you want to display.|
|10||Recently viewed connections display the recently viewed connections. Click on the corresponding view icon of a connection you want to display.|
|11||Event log displays recent event log entries. Event log entries for things will have a view icon that, when clicked, displays the thing's overview page.|
- Your organization's customization, or look and feel, dictates the display of the Management Portal's pages for your organization.
- Your account's permissions, based on the account's role and the permissions of the role, dictates which features you are allowed to access.
- The descriptions of the Management Portal in these sections are based on the default organization look and feel and the Administrator role. Your look and feel and access may vary.
This guide contains the following: